Terms and Conditions
This document outlines the terms and conditions of business between ‘you’ the customer and ‘Mobilecashmate’.
You should read this document carefully prior to completing your on-line transaction, once you have completed the website transaction, a contract is created and you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The contract is formed between ‘you’ and ‘Mobilecashmate’.
The term MCM or 'us' or 'we' refers to MobileCashMate who are a division of Greencyc Limited and whose registered office is Unit 8 Long Acre Trading Estate, Aston, Birmingham, B7 5JD . The term 'you' refers to the customer/user of MCM's mobile phone recycling service. 'Sale transaction' refers to the sale of your mobile phone to MCM.
'Website transaction' refers to your completion of the on-line process of inputting personal detail and phone specific information.
We define "consumer" as an individual person who does not carry out this type of transaction during the course of his business.
In order to process a consumer sale transaction you must:
- Be a resident in the UK mainland and Northern Ireland
- Have the owner rights to the phone that you wish to send to us
- Be at least 18 years of age or have obtained prior permission from parent's / guardians if you are under the age of 18
In order to process a business sale transaction you must:
- Have a UK mainland or Northern Ireland registered office
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Either have owner rights to the phone or be authorised to transact on behalf of the company
For business sale transactions, we will contact you at the point of payment to request a pro-forma invoice from you.
In order to complete your website transaction, you must tick the relevant box to confirm that you have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions.
Upon receipt of your phone and at the point of payment being processed to you, the ownership of the phone transfers to us and a contract is formed. This contract is binding on both parties as well as on any respective successors and assigns.
You are entitled to change your mind and not proceed with the sale transaction before you post the phone to us. There is no cost associated with this.
Once you have posted your phone to us, you cannot cancel the contract. We will only return your phone in the case where we have offered you a re-value price for your phone and you subsequently reject the offer. In this instance we will return your phone at no cost to you.
Should we not receive your phone within 10 days then the offer price will expire, we will assume that you are not proceeding with the transaction and the order will be automatically cancelled.
We will not accept phones for recycling for customers outside of UK mainland and Northern Ireland. In the case of receiving a phone from a customer outside of these areas, we will recycle the phone with no payment due to the customer. Phones will only be returned to the customer where the customer pays for the return postage. Return postage to be made by bank transfer prior to the phone being sent back to the customer.
MCM is an online trading company and all correspondence/notifications from us will be sent in the form of email, to the email account you specified at the point of your sale transaction on our website. It is important that you check your emails on a regular basis for communications from us. MCM operates an automatic email system and guarantees that all correspondence/notifications are sent successfully. We cannot accept responsibility for any emails which you may not have received, including where the emails are being directed to your spam box or where you have input your email address incorrectly at the point of the sale transaction on our website.
Phone Condition Criteria
Upon receipt of your mobile phone, we will carry out an inspection as per the criteria listed below. Regardless of phone condition, the criteria listed in Point A will apply in all cases. Payment of the amount quoted on our website will only be made once we have received, inspected and confirmed that your mobile phone meets the criteria within this clause. In the case of your phone not meeting any of our phone condition criteria terms and conditions, we will send you a re-value offer price by email. Please check your emails regularly including your Spam box.
A. Applicable to all conditions of phones
- The details of your mobile phone must match those that you input onto our website
- The battery and back cover must be included
- The phone must not be crushed or snapped in half
- All personal data must be removed from the phone as we can not be responsible for the safety, security and confidentiality of data
- The phone must not be network barred, had a previous insurance claim made on it or be reported as stolen
- The phone must not be a fake, counterfeit or reproduced product
- The phone must have an IMEI number
- The phone must be a UK specification phone and not be locked to a foreign network
- The phone must not have been tampered with
- All parts must be original to the phone
- In order to receive payment for your phone(s), you must make a sale transaction on our website. Any phone(s) received which have not been sold on our website and do not have an order reference number will be submitted for recycling with no payment being made to you.
B. Working mobiles (to receive full price)
To receive the full price, the phone must:
- Turn on and off and be in full working condition
- Have no scuffs, knocks, cracks, dents, chips, scratches to outer casings/cosmetics/phone body and battery/back cover
- Have no scratches or marks on screen at all - please note that screen protectors will be removed in order to fully inspect the screen
- Have a fully working screen with no blemishes, bruises or missing pixels when turned on
- Have its own battery and back cover
- Not be damaged by water
- Not be pin or security locked
- Not have been tampered with, re-built or had parts replaced to look like new. This will affect the price being offered.
Note that to receive the full price quoted on our website, the phone must be in excellent condition with no clear visible scratches, marks or damage, only slight imperfections which are not visible when looking at the phone at arms length will be accepted at the full price. We will send you an offer price where your phone does not meet this criteria. Please refer to the Re-Value Offer Clause below for more information.
C. Non-working mobiles
Each mobile phone should:
- Be in one piece, not snapped, crushed or dismantled
- Not be network barred, fake or a reproduced (counterfeit) product
- Not be damaged by water
- All main components should still be attached to the main board
- Have its own battery
Regardless of whether working or non working condition, MCM reserves the right to send a final value price prior to recycling. Please refer to the Re-Value Offer Clause below for more information.
Accessories & Other Items
The price offered is for your mobile phone and battery and therefore you do not need to send any other accessories. We will accept accessories such as chargers, boxes, manuals etc for recycle but submitting accessories will not increase the price offered and no further payment will be due.
Note that if your phone has a screen protector on it, this will be removed at the point of inspection and will not be returned to you should you choose to reject our price and have your phone returned to you.
In addition should you decide to send in accessories with the phone, we will not accept responsibility for them in the case of you choosing to have your phone sent back to you. Should we return your phone back to you without the accessories we will endeavour to send back your original items but due to the volume of product we process we can not guarantee that they will be the original items and may be replacement items.
We will not accept responsibility or liability for loss, damage or misuse of:
- SIM cards and any information on them - remove and retain your SIM card prior to posting your phone to us, we will not accept responsibility or liability for SIM cards and if received, will be disposed of.
- Data and memory cards and any information contained on them. We will destroy and dispose of any data/memory cards received.
- Stored data on your phone, for example, photos, videos, SMS, personal details and any other information. We cannot be held liable for the safety, security and confidentiality of personal data. It is your responsibility to transfer and delete any data from your phone prior to sending to your phone to us. By sending your phone to us you are agreeing to release us from all and any claims, losses or damage to stored data or on any media used in conjunction with the mobile phone.
In addition we are not responsible for your airtime contract and calls made from your SIM card before and/or after you post your phone to us. It is your responsibility to cancel your airtime contract.
Subject to test and inspection, we will send you a final value price by email. PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS REGULARLY, INCLUDING CHECKING JUNK MAIL. The re-value email will give you two options (1) to accept the revalue price and (2) to reject the revalue price and to have your phone returned. You will need to choose an option by clicking on the relevant 'accept' or 'reject' link. Please take care when clicking on your chosen link as once we have processed your phone for payment (where the accept link has been clicked), we can not return your phone back to you. Please also ensure that you only click one of the links, in this case we will process the phone in accordance with the last link clicked, for example, if you click the reject link and immediately after click the accept link, we will process your phone as accepted and payment will be made; and vice versa.
Please note that should you not respond to our re-value email within 48 hours from the date of the re-value offer email then we will automatically recycle your phone and we will process a payment to you by your preferred method at the latest revalue offer. It is important that you check your emails on a regular basis as we can not be responsible in the case where we have automatically accepted a revised offer after we have emailed you. Please check your emails regularly including your junk mail.
Phones with Passwords
Where your mobile phone is received with a password or security code on it, we will email you to ask for the password/code. You should submit your password to us within 5 working days from our email to you. If we do not receive the password within this time, we will make you a re-value offer for your phone. You do not have to accept this offer, however, should you wish for us to return your mobile phone to you then you must notify us within 48 hours from the date of our revised offer. Should we not receive any instruction from you within 48 hours then we will automatically recycle your phone and we will process a payment to you by your preferred method at the last revised offer. It is important that you check your emails on a regular basis as we can not be responsible in the case where we have automatically accepted a revised offer after we have emailed you. Please check your emails regularly including your junk mail.
The price quoted on our website is only payable if your mobile phone meets the Phone Condition Criteria as contained within these terms and conditions. Where these terms are not met, a re-value offer will be made, please refer to the re-value clause above.
Prices quoted on our website are valid for 10 days.
The prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
We recommend that you post your phone to us as soon as possible by using Royal Mail's Special Delivery service. This service ensures that it is insured against loss or damage in the postal system to the value of £500. In the case where phones are received after the 10 day period, we will endeavour to honour the original price, however, subject to market value we reserve the right to offer a re-value price. In this case, the re-value offer clause applies.
Where a re-value offer price is made, the price is only valid for 48 hours in line with our Re-value Offer terms.
Prices quoted on our website are non negotiable, are in line with market value and are subject to change or withdrawal at any time without notice.
Following completion of your website transaction we will post you a Tracked Returns pack to send your mobile phone to us. We will only send this to the address registered on your on-line account.
We provide a Tracked Returns service which as standard is insured up to the value of £50 (a tracking receipt must be obtained from your local post office). It is your decision and responsibility to provide additional protection/insurance on postage. In the case of high value phones, we would recommend using a Special Delivery service, however, which service you choose is at your total discretion. Your local Post Office can give you further information on these services and will confirm associated insurance limits.
Should you wish to take advantage of our standard Tracked Returns service, you must take the package to your local Post Office where you can ask for a tracking receipt.
Alternatively you don't have to wait for the Tracked Returns pack and you can send your phone by Special Delivery. This service costs around £6.95 but for peace of mind it provides cover against loss or damage whilst in the postal system up to the value of £500. We strongly advise using this service for full protection.
We will not be liable for lost or damaged products in the postal system, it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the details of insurance levels provided by the Post Office. We can not pay you for phones which we don't receive. We become responsible for your phone once received at our premises.
Whichever postal method is used, to comply with Royal Mail legislation, please follow these packaging instructions:
Phones must be switched off and the battery must be connected in / on the phone
Put the phone in a box or alternatively use cardboard packaging. Make sure that the phone is adequately packaged against damage in the post. The phone should not move around in the package.
Make sure that your Order ID number is noted either on the postage label or put a note of it inside the package.
Up to 2 phones can be sent by the Tracked Returns service. More than 2 phones must be sent by Special Delivery.
Take to local post office and obtain a tracking receipt
We will make payment to you by your chosen payment method as soon as possible and within 48 hours of processing your phone. This timescale will be increased in the case where a re-value offer has been made as the reliance is on you to instruct us to proceed. Where this occurs, we will make payment within 48 days from the date of your instruction to proceed.
Our payment methods are:
During the website transaction you will be asked to choose a payment option as above. You can only change your payment option if we have not started the payment process, in this case you should get in touch with us urgently.
Change of address:
You must inform us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at the point of your sale transaction on our website if you are planning to change address within the next few weeks following your sale transaction to MCM. This is important for payment purposes. Should we post you a cheque and you do not receive it because you have changed address, you must contact MCM immediately. In this case MCM will pass on to you any administration charges applied by MCM's bank to cancel a cheque; these costs will be deducted from the total amount payable to you.
Payments by Bank Transfer
Please ensure that you enter your bank account details carefully as we cannot be held responsible for incorrectly entered information.
Payment will only be made to the person who holds an account with us. Bank transfer payments can take up to 3 working days for the funds to hit your account.
In the case where the bank transfer payment system (ACH) does not accept the transfer to your account or where you have provided incorrect bank details, we will automatically send you a payment by cheque. The cheque will be payable to the name as shown on the order, therefore, it is important to enter your name correctly when selling your phone on our website.
Cheques will be posted to the address provided on your on-line account. We can re-issue cheques where lost or damaged, however, there will be a cancellation and administration fee applicable. The account holder must email MCM to inform of loss / damage and damaged cheques need to be returned to MCM within 7 days of notification of damage, upon receipt of which, a re-issue will be made.
We use the CheckMEND crime protection database for due diligence assessment and to ascertain the legal ownership of the phone. We are unable to process phones which do not pass our due diligence requirements, this may be because the phone has a report against it that it is not in the possession of the legal owner and therefore we cannot take legal ownership of the item.
If you or any previous owner has blocked the phone with a UK network, made an insurance claim or reported the item stolen then it will fail due diligence process. If you have made any of these reports then you need to speak to the relevant party and ask them to contact CheckMEND at email@example.com and ask them to update their information.
If you or a previous user blocked the phone with a UK network you or they can call the network and ask them to unblock it and this information will automatically be passed to CheckMEND usually within 48 hours, you are then free to resubmit the phone to us.
Upon receipt of your phone, we will check the IMEI against the CheckMEND database and in the case of a phone failing the CheckMEND test, we will email you in order to give you the opportunity to contact CheckMEND to discuss your options.
We will not process payments for phones that fail a CheckMEND test and we are legally obliged to retain the phone. We will hold a phone failing a CheckMEND test for 30 days and after this period, if the phone still fails the CheckMEND test, we will dispose of it in line with our legal obligations.
In the case of a phone being reported to CheckMEND as network blocked AFTER your phone has been recycled with us and we have made payment to you, we will inform the Police and start Civil proceedings through the Small Claims Court in order to recoup the monies paid to you for the phone.
If you have any concerns about the history of the phone then we recommend that you go to the CheckMEND website prior to sending the phone to us, to carry out a check on the phone yourself.
If you report your phone as lost or stolen after you have sold / recycled your phone with MCM and you have subsequently received a payment from us, we will notify the Police immediately and press charges against you for obtaining money by deceipt.
Fake and counterfeit phones are manufactured to resemble phones made by another company which is a breach of Copyright. We do not accept fake or counterfeit phones for recycling for cash. Fake/counterfeit phones will not be returned in accordance with industry Copyright practice and standards. They will be disposed of with no payment due.
Once you have accepted our offer, whether a full price offer or a re-value offer, we will be unable to return your mobile phone back to you. We will only return your phone where a re-value offer has been made and we have received notification from you that you are rejecting the offer and that you wish to receive the phone back.
Please note that if you send your phone with a screen protector, this will be removed as part of the test and inspection process, therefore, if you reject a re-value price in order for your phone to be returned to you, it may be returned without the original screen protector. We will not replace screen protectors prior to returning phones.
We can not guarantee sending back of accessories with your phone so to avoid disappointment please do not send them in, we only need your phone and battery. Should you receive your phone back without the accessories or original phone box, we will endeavour to find and return the original items, however, we may use replacement items if the items have been recycled.
Phones are returned by a Royal Mail signed for method and will require a signature upon delivery. If you are not home to sign for the parcel, Royal Mail will leave a card, in this case please ensure that you collect your phone from the Royal Mail office as detailed on the card. If you don't collect the parcel within a specified time as explained on the card, it will be sent back to us. In this case, we will process the phone for recycling and make payment to you at the current market rate (at the point in time in which Royal Mail deliver the phone back to MCM).
In the case of phones being lost or damaged in the post during return of phone to you, we will make an insurance claim with Royal Mail. We will only be able to make a claim for the current market value of the phone as per our valuation of the phone prior to sending the phone back to you.
Phones sent in error:
If you send your phone(s) to us in error and want it/them sending back, unfortunately we will apply a returns fee to cover the administration and postage charges. This fee may vary, dependent on the weight of the phone(s). A minimum of £6.50 will be charged for one phone to be returned. This will include return by a Royal Mail Signed For service.
Caring for the Environment
Recycling of mobile phones and accessories is one of the biggest challenges for all companies that have a responsibility for the environment. The European Union Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive became law in January 2007. The directive contains very strong provisions to encourage companies to recycle and re-use materials, and to ensure the controlled disposal of materials which cannot be recycled.
- Defines discarded mobile phones as containing hazardous waste
- Defines all mobile phone retail outlets as special waste (SW) producers
- Requires SW producers to register with the Environmental Agency
- Requires SW producers to report activity annually to the Environmental Agency
- Requires retail outlets to apply for formal exemption from holding a Waste Management Licence
- Seeks to increase recycling and re-use in the mobile phone sector
- Strongly enforces waste management measures
MCM is committed to working in line with internationally recognised standards of environmental management systems. To this end we hold the following accreditations, memberships and licenses:
- Chartered Institution of Waste Management
- The Environment Agency
- Environmental Standard ISO 14001
- Waste Management and Waste Transfer License
All working procedures and systems are regularly subjected to internal and external audits to ensure full compliance with appropriate environmental legislation, recognised standards and client requirements.
Our environmental objectives include:
- Improving the environment for future generations
- Maximising the recycling and re-use of materials
- Minimise the use of landfill for hazardous waste products
- To ensure full compliance with all relevant environmental legislation
- To ensure the safe disposal of any hazardous materials
- To provide a fully documented audit trail of all disposals
As an online trading company, we will send you progress updates and other relevant information by email. We therefore strongly advise that you check your emails on a regular basis and please also remember to check your junk mail. We cannot be responsible for emails not received/unread by you or where an incorrect email address has been supplied. We will not be responsible or liable where circumstances outside of our control cause us to breach any of our obligations to you.
We reserve the right to vary and amend our terms and conditions from time to time.
MCM Copyright Notice
This website and its content is copyright of Greencyc trading as MobileCashMate. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
MCM Website Usage Terms & Conditions
The term MCM or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Units 8-9 Long Acre Trading Estate, Aston, Birmingham, B7 5JD. Our company is registered in England No. 04849603. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You must keep your log in information confidential and not disclose details to any third party. We are not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you where your log in information has been misused. You are responsible for ensuring that any person authorised by you, to act on your behalf, to use our website is aware of our terms and that they adhere to them.
- We reserve the right to disable or restrict your access at any time.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- We will not be liable for any loss/damage caused by viruses, worms, trojan horses, time-bombs and other harmful matter that my affect your computer hardware, software, network, programs and data arising from the use of our website, including any downloads.
- We are not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss of data, loss of income or savings or any other loss/damage, whether caused by a tort, breach of contract or otherwise as a result of use of our website (even if foreseeable).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
You must not use our website to:
- Create a link to this website from another website or document without MCM's prior written consent.
- Conduct unauthorised or illegal use, giving rise to a claim for damages and/or is a criminal offence.
- Transmit or upload any information / data that may cause harm to our computer hardware and software. This includes the transmission of data carrying viruses, worms, trojan horses, time-bombs and other harmful matter. You must not carry out any act which will cause damage / disrupt our website, network, software and hardware and you must not traffic any unsolicited material.
We will report and identify you to the relevant authority for any unauthorised or illegal use of our website. It is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to breach this provision.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- MCM, MobileCashMate and the MobileCashMate character logo are all registered trademarks
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- You must not use any information on our website for commercial and business purposes without obtaining authorisation from us.
- Any printed material or downloads must be for personal use only and must not be modified in any way or form
- We are the authors of the material contained on our website and we reserve the right to request any copied material to be deleted/destroyed and to terminate your access to our site.
You should check and familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions from time to time as we reserve the right to amend and update them as and when required.