Terms and Conditions
Terms of Supply
This document outlines the terms and conditions of business between ‘you’ the customer and ‘MobileCashMate’.
You should read this document carefully prior to completing your on-line transaction, once you have completed the sales transaction, a contract is created and you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. The contract is formed between ‘you’ and ‘MobileCashMate’.
The term MCM or 'us' or 'we' refers to MobileCashMate who are a division of Greencyc Limited and whose registered office is Unit 8 Long Acre Trading Estate, Aston, Birmingham, B7 5JD . The term 'you' refers to the customer/user of MCM's mobile device recycling service. 'Sales transaction' refers to the sale of your mobile device to MCM.
In order to process a sales transaction you must:
- Be a resident in the UK mainland and Northern Ireland
- Have the owner rights to the device that you wish to send to us
- Be at least 18 years of age or have obtained prior permission from parent's / guardians if you are under the age of 18
Upon receipt of your device and at the point of payment being processed to you, the ownership of the device transfers to us and a contract is formed. This contract is binding on both parties as well as on any respective successors and assigns.
You are entitled to change your mind and not proceed with the sales transaction before you post the device to us. There is no cost associated with this. Once you have posted your device to us, you cannot cancel the contract. We will only return your device in the case where we have offered you a re-value price for your device and you subsequently reject the offer. In this instance we will return your device at no cost to you.
Should we not receive your device within 10 days then the offer price will expire. We will assume that you are not proceeding with the sales transaction after 15 days have expired and the order will be automatically cancelled.
Posting Your Phone
We provide a free postal service for sending your device to us. This service is a Royal Mail Free Tracked Returns Service, however, it is important to note that this service is only insured up to the value of £50. For devices valued higher than £50 we recommend that you post by an insured service such as Special Delivery. This ensures that your device is insured against loss or damage in the postal system to the value of £500.
The postal service you use is at your discretion but should you choose to use our Tracked Returns Service and the device gets lost or stolen whilst in the care of Royal Mail, we will only provide compensation up to the value of £50. Compensation is provided upon receipt of a proof of posting tracking receipt which you can obtain from your local Royal Mail Posting Office.
We will not be liable for lost or damaged products in the postal system, it is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the details of insurance levels provided by the Post Office. We can not pay you for devices which we don't receive. We become responsible for your device once received at our premises.
Processing Your Device
The prices on our website are up to prices. The website price will be paid for devices in as new condition and/or devices with light marks and scratches on the outer casings. The device must be fully functional. Note that light marks and scratches on the screen may affect the price we can offer.
If we are unable to pay the full price, we will send you confirmation of the final offer price we can pay by email. You will have the choice to either accept or reject this final price. You are under no obligation to accept the price and should you choose to reject the price, your device will be sent back to you completely free of charge.
Upon receipt of your device, we will carry out one of the following:
(1) we will test the device and process it at the full order confirmation price. In this case no final email will be sent with an option to accept or reject the price. The full website price is automatically paid.
(2) based on the condition and market value of your device, we will send you an email confirming the final price we can pay for your device. You will have the choice to either accept or reject this price. You must respond to this email within 48 hours or the price will be automatically accepted.
APPLE products - Please note that the network you select when selling your phone on our website affects the price we pay. If you choose the incorrect network, please expect to receive a lower value as your order will be automatically processed at the correct price. You should be aware that we are unable to return phones to customers using our free returns service where the incorrect network has been selected. Please double check your network prior to sending the phone. Due to processing a high volume of devices, you will not be informed prior to us processing the phone at a lower amount if the network is incorrect.
The following list, whilst not exhaustive, aims to provide a guide on the reasons why we would offer a re-value price:
- Details of device sold on our website do not match the device received
- Device received outside of the 10 day period
- No battery or back cover or missing parts / screws
- Evidence of the device having had an attempted repair by an unauthorised service centre and / or has non genuine parts fitted to it
- Device is crushed or snapped in half
- No IMEI or IMEI label
- Not a UK specification device and is locked to a foreign network
- Does not turn on and off and does not fully work / is faulty
- Device has scuffs, knocks, cracks, dents, chips, scratches to outer casings/cosmetics/device body and battery/back cover
- Excessive scratches or marks on screen - please note that screen protectors will be removed in order to fully inspect the screen
- Screen has blemishes, bruises or missing pixels when turned on
- Evidence of liquid ingress
- Password / security locked and devices activated to customer iCloud account
Non-working mobiles should:
- Be in one piece, not snapped, crushed or dismantled
- Not be network barred, fake or a reproduced (counterfeit) product
- Not be damaged by water
- All main components should still be attached to the main board
- Have its own battery
Regardless of whether working or non working condition, MCM reserves the right to send a final value price prior to recycling. Prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
If your device is eligible for the full website price, we will not send out an email giving a choice to accept or reject the price. The full price will be automatically paid and the transaction can not be cancelled.
Where a re-value price is offered, we will send you an email confirming the final price we are able to offer before the phone is processed for recycling. This email gives two options (1) to accept the final price or (2) to reject the final price and to have your device returned to you. You will need to choose an option by clicking on the relevant 'accept' or 'reject' link. Please take care when clicking on your chosen link as once we have processed your device for payment (where the accept link has been clicked), we can not return your device back to you. Please also ensure that you only click one of the links, in this case we will process the device in accordance with the last link clicked, for example, if you click the reject link and immediately after click the accept link, we will process your device as accepted and payment will be made; and vice versa.
Automatic Acceptance of Final Price
Please note that should you not respond to our final price email within 48 hours from the date of the re-value offer email then we will automatically accept the revised price and recycle your device. It is important that you check your emails on a regular basis as we can not be responsible in the case where we have automatically accepted a revised offer after we have emailed you. Please check your emails regularly including your junk mail.
Our payment methods are bank transfer and cheque. You can only change your payment option if we have not started the payment process.
Payment will only be made to the person who made the transaction on our website. Bank transfer payments can take up to 3 working days for the funds to hit accounts. We cannot be held responsible for incorrectly entered bank details; in this case it can take up to two weeks for the funds to be returned before they will be available to be re-issued to the correct account number. Please note that there is a risk that funds cannot be recovered at all and we can not take responsibility for this.
Cheques are printed electronically in the exact name as entered onto the sales transaction so it is important that you enter your name correctly.
A £10 charge applies to have a cheque re-issued due to incorrect name details provided, change of address and lost cheques.
We cannot be held liable for the safety, security and confidentiality of personal data. It is your responsibility to transfer and delete any data from your device prior to sending to us. Upon receipt of your device, it will be reset in order to protect your personal information. We advise that you reset the device yourself prior to sending to us as we can not be held responsible for any errors and/or faults which occur on the device during the resetting process.
Accessories, SIM & Data Cards
The price offered is for your device and battery and therefore you do not need to send any other accessories. We will accept accessories such as chargers, boxes, manuals etc for recycling but submitting accessories will not increase the price offered.
We will not accept responsibility or liability for loss, damage or misuse of:
- SIM cards and any information on them - remove and retain your SIM card prior to posting your device to us, we will not accept responsibility or liability for SIM cards and if received, will be disposed of.
- Data and memory cards and any information contained on them. We will destroy and dispose of any data/memory cards received.
In order to receive payment for additional devices, you must include all devices on the sales transaction. Any devices received which have not been sold on our website and do not have an order reference number attached to it will be submitted for recycling with no payment being made to you.
Devices with Passwords & iCloud Issues
Please remove the password from your device and / or deactivate the device from iCloud prior to sending it to us. Devices received with passwords and locked to iCloud accounts will be valued at non working price. You will have 48 hours to respond to the final price email before the device is automatically processed at the revised rate.
We use the CheckMEND crime protection database for due diligence checks and to ascertain the legal ownership of the device. We are unable to process devices which do not pass our due diligence requirements, this may be because the device has a report against it that it is not in the possession of the legal owner and therefore we cannot take legal ownership of the item.
Upon receipt of your device, we will check the IMEI against the CheckMEND database and in the case of a device failing the CheckMEND test, we will email you in order to give you the opportunity to contact CheckMEND to discuss your options.
We will not pay for devices that fail a CheckMEND test and we are legally obliged to retain the device. We will hold a device failing a CheckMEND test for 30 days and after this period, if the device still fails the CheckMEND test, we will dispose of it in line with our legal obligations.
In the case of a device being reported to CheckMEND as network blocked AFTER your device has been recycled and we have made payment to you, we will report it to the Police and start proceedings to recover the monies paid to you.
Fake and counterfeit devices are manufactured to resemble devices made by another company which is a breach of Copyright. We do not accept fake or counterfeit devices for recycling for cash. Fake/counterfeit devices will not be returned in accordance with industry Copyright practice and standards. They will be disposed of with no payment due.
Once you have accepted our offer, whether a full price offer or a re-value offer, we will be unable to return your mobile device back to you. We will only return your device where a re-value offer has been made and we have received notification from you that you are rejecting the offer and that you wish to receive the device back.
We can not guarantee sending back of accessories with your device so to avoid disappointment please do not send them. Should you receive your device back without the accessories or original device box, we will endeavour to find and return the original items, however, we may use replacement items if the items have been recycled.
Devices are returned by a Royal Mail signed for method and will require a signature upon delivery. If you are not home to sign for the parcel, Royal Mail will leave a card, in this case please ensure that you collect your device from the Royal Mail office as detailed on the card. If you don't collect the parcel within a specified time as explained on the card, it will be sent back to us. In this case, we will process the device for recycling and make payment to you at the current market rate.
In the case of devices being lost or damaged in the post during return of device to you, we will make an insurance claim with Royal Mail. We will only be able to make a claim for the current market value of the device and will only provide compensation as per our valuation of the device prior to sending the device back to you.
Caring for the Environment
Recycling of mobile devices and accessories is one of the biggest challenges for all companies that have a responsibility for the environment. The European Union Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive became law in January 2007. The directive contains very strong provisions to encourage companies to recycle and re-use materials, and to ensure the controlled disposal of materials which cannot be recycled.
MCM is committed to working in line with internationally recognised standards of environmental management systems. To this end we hold the following accreditations, memberships and licenses:
- Chartered Institution of Waste Management
- The Environment Agency
- Environmental Standard ISO 14001
- Waste Management and Waste Transfer License
All working procedures and systems are regularly subjected to internal and external audits to ensure full compliance with appropriate environmental legislation, recognised standards and client requirements.
As an online trading company, we will send you progress updates and other relevant information by email. We therefore strongly advise that you check your emails on a regular basis and please also remember to check your junk mail. We cannot be responsible for emails not received/unread by you or where an incorrect email address has been supplied. We will not be responsible or liable where circumstances outside of our control cause us to breach any of our obligations to you.
We will not accept devices for recycling from customers outside of UK mainland and Northern Ireland. In the case of receiving a device from a customer outside of these areas, we will recycle the device with no payment due to the customer. Devices will only be returned to the customer where the customer pays for the return postage.
We reserve the right to vary and amend our terms and conditions from time to time.
Gadget Show Prize Draw
Rules of Entry April 2015
1. This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except employees of Greencyc Limited and its group companies, their families or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. To be eligible for entry you must have recycled your mobile phone or tablet with MobileCashMate by midnight on Sunday 31st May 2015. The definition of ‘recycled’ for the purposes of this competition means that you have sold your device on our website www.mobilecashmate.com and we have subsequently received the device at our premises for processing along with the enclosed Gadget Show Promotional leaflet detailing your name and order number. The closing date for entries is Sunday 31st May 2015, however, it is important to note that due to not operating at the weekend, the final date for receipt of your mobile phone or tablet will be Friday 29th May 2015. Devices received on Monday 1st June 2015 will not be eligible for the prize draw. If you are using our Freepost service, it is a 48 hour delivery service and therefore the last day for posting to be eligible for the draw is Wednesday 27th May 2015. This still does not guarantee that we will receive your phone by the closing date so please ensure that you give yourself enough time for posting device and promotional leaflet.
4. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries or entries sent through agencies and third parties will not be accepted. Packages received without the promotional leaflet enclosed will not be eligible for the draw. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of despatch will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by the closing date. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a sae to MobileCashMate, Unit 8 Long Acre Trading Estate, Aston, Birmingham, B7 5JD within one month after the closing date of the prize draw.
5. We will contact the winner by 5pm on Monday 1st June 2015.
6. The prize, described as an iPhone 6 16gb mobile phone is available on the date of publication, however, should this prize become unavailable, a substitute prize of equal value shall be provided.
7. The network of the prize may vary and can not be specified nor changed. Prize may be provided without original box and/or charger. All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
8. The prize will be posted out to the winner on Tuesday 2nd June 2015. To ensure appropriate insurance cover during posting, the item will be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery. The item will require a signature upon delivery, if you are not home to sign for it, please ensure that you collect the item from your local Royal Mail Depot using the ‘not home’ card. No responsibility can be accepted for the item being lost in the post as a result of you not collecting it from your local Royal Mail depot.